Australian Visa Application Center for Pre-lodgement Enquires
If your enquiry is related to a pre-lodgement visa application process including how to make an appointment, or for information on the requirements to lodge a visa application, please contact the Australian Visa Application Call Center on 09000 7860 or by mobile phone on short code 9999. The call center operates Monday to Friday from 08:00am to 05:00pm. Calls will be charged at the premium rate of 15 Pakistan Rupees per minute.
Further information about the Australian Visa Application Centers is available at www.australiavisa-pakistan.com.
Visa and Citizenship Section for Post-lodgement Enquiries
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection at the Australian High Commission is only available to answer telephone enquiries relating to applications that are currently under assessment, between 08:30am to 12:00pm Monday to Thursday. The operators are unable to respond to pre-lodgment enquiries if you have not lodged a visa application at the Australian Visa Application Center.
Reforms to modernise Australia’s visa processing system
The Australian Government has announced it will enhance the way visa and citizenship services are delivered using the latest digital technologies. For more information visit the Department of Home Affairs.
- The Australian Government has introduced its toughest border protection measures ever called Operation Sovereign Borders (OSB).
- Under the policy, anyone who comes to Australia illegally by boat without a visa will never be settled in Australia.
- The policy applies to everyone: families, children, unaccompanied children, educated and skilled. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- The Australian Government’s policy is intended to deter people smugglers by denying them a product to sell and prevent tragic deaths at sea.
- There are two options for people who travel illegally by boat to Australia:
- they will be intercepted and safely removed from Australian waters; or
- they will be sent to another country for offshore processing.
- Processing and resettlement in Australia will never be an option.
Visa Wizard: a tool to assist in finding suitable visa options
Our Service Charter: an important document that sets out what you need to know when dealing with us
Compliments and Complaints: explains how compliments, complaints or suggestions about our services can be made
Biometric Data Collection: If you are lodging a visa application in Pakistan, you might need to provide your biometrics in relation to each visa application you lodge. Biometrics are collected at an Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC). For more details on how to provide your biometrics, check the AVAC website.
Polio Vaccination Certificate: If you have spent 28 days or longer since 5 May 2014 in Afghanistan, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Israel, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia or Syria, you should provide a certificate of vaccination against Polio with your visa application.
To avoid delays, you are required to provide a valid polio vaccination certificate at the time of lodgment of your visa application.
Refugee and Global Special Humanitarian Programs